Come celebrate your dream wedding on one of Fiji’s 333 beautiful islands. Experience that romantic feeling in this truly relaxing tropical paradise for romantics. Fiji offers you a huge variety of venues – luxurious hotels on the main islands, secluded boutique resorts, with a choice of magnificent private chapels or a variety of beachfront or rainforest locations. There is the option to celebrate as a couple or with a group of family and friends. Locally-based wedding coordinators, along with us, can ensure that all arrangements are stress free and guarantee a unique and memorable occasion.
PRESSURE FREE – Fiji provides an idyllic escape from the pressure of organizing the weddings an “I do” on a white sand beach surrounded by a crystal clear lagoon.
HAVE AN ENTIRE RESORT TO YOURSELF – In Fiji, wedding parties are often able to take over an entire resort for total privacy.
ACCESSIBILITY – As Fiji is the hub of the South Pacific and the most popular holiday destination, many reasonable travel packages are available throughout the world.
FREQUENCY OF FLIGHTS – There are frequent flights to and from Fiji with Fiji’s national airline, Air Pacific, as well as Air New Zealand, Korean Air, Pacific Blue and Qantas.
GROUP TRAVEL DISCOUNTS – Wedding parties frequently qualify for group travel discounts with airlines and resorts.
EXCLUSIVE WEDDING – An opportunity to share this experience with close family and an intimate circle of friends.
A CHOICE OF BEAUTIFUL LOCATIONS – Fiji’s wide choice ranges from sandbanks to tropical rainforest, barefoot to ballroom, glass-sided chapels to traditional churches on any of the 333 islands.
THE CULTURE – A living culture with natural hospitality seeped in fascinating tradition, Fiji is a land of song and dance.
PRISTINE ENVIRONMENT – The stunning setting comes without health worries: no dangerous animals, insects, or diseases such as malaria.
FANTASTIC FOOD – Local specialties combine with international flavors for a great variety of cuisine. Choose from formal dinners in air-conditioned settings to casual meals at beachside venues or even a picnic on the beach. Major resorts offer a choice of restaurants and major tourist areas offer many local options.
FANTASTIC PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES – With heavenly sunsets and stunningly beautiful scenery, Fiji provides an amazing backdrop for wedding photos.
A RANGE OF ACTIVITIES – A wide range of activities are available from skydiving to golf, white water rafting to trekking, pampering in one of our many spas, to simply relaxing on the beach.
AUTHENTIC FIJIAN STYLE – Fijian warriors, costumed attendants, and decorated traditional rafts are available to make the occasion unique. Handcrafted bark cloth with stunning garlands of fiber and tropical flowers are one of the many options.
ON-SITE BEAUTY ADVICE – Pre-wedding beauty and spa treatments are available at major resorts as well as at smaller luxury properties.
A CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATIONS – A range of accommodation choices to suit everyone’s budget from fabulous luxury resorts to more family- or budget-oriented accommodation.
VALUE FOR MONEY – There is a variety of all-inclusive packages with extras to suit your budget.
THE FRIENDLY PEOPLE – Their genuine friendliness and hospitality is world-renowned.
Wedding Requirements for Fiji
Overseas visitors intending to get married in Fiji are required by law to obtain and sign a marriage license from the nearest marriage registry prior to the marriage ceremony with an average of 36 hours in advance, although special arrangements can be organized for you to be married on the day after your arrival. The couple must provide the following personal documents to the Registrar for verification purpose at least two weeks before the wedding:
- Original birth certificates for the bride and groom
- Valid passport
- If applicable, divorce papers
- If previous spouse is deceased, a death certificate
- Certificate of Single Status or Certificate of No Legal Impediment is required to be produced if:
- Marriage between a Fiji citizen and a foreign citizen
- Marriage by former citizens of Fiji
- Marriage between foreign citizens residing in Fiji
- Marriage applicants with visitors’ visas or bona fide tourists to Fiji from Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, and EEC countries are exempted from the above requirement. Different rules apply for some other countries.
- Marriage applicants from Japan must produce the Koseki – Shouhon to certify their personal details.
- Written parental consent is required if either party is under 21 years of age
- Two witnesses who are 21years of age and over must be present (most resorts provide this if it just the two of you)
- A Police Clearance and translated personal documents must be sent with the marriage application one month in advance for citizens of countries not detailed above.
It is a very simple process for US & Canadian citizens. We will help you with any and all aspects of the wedding. We have also found that if a bride to be is under the age of 21 years, it is best if she brings a letter of approval from her father.