Blanketed in snow in winter, alive with greenery in summer, Amangani’s extraordinary mountain wilderness at the gateway to Grand Teton National Park and just one hour to Yellowstone National Park promises year-round, back-to-nature adventure. Such a pristine setting belies Amangani’s deceptive ease of access, making it as natural a choice for weddings and corporate groups as for families and wellness seekers. While colder months bring the untracked powder of the nearby Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, spring and summer showcase the untempered Wild West – which compels exploration on foot, on horseback or by air.
- Perched on East Gros Ventre Butte
- 2,135m (7,000ft) above sea level
- At the southern end of Jackson Hole across the valley from Teton Pass
- Magnificent views of the Grand Tetons and the Snake River Range
- 10-minute drive from the town of Jackson
- 20-minute drive from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Amangani Ski Lounge situated in Teton Village just below Bridger Gondola
Amangani’s 40 suites all have king-size beds, fireplaces and terraces or balconies with panoramic mountain views of the majestic Teton Mountain Range.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Specializes in locally-sourced, sustainable ranch meats and fresh fish
- Menu reflects the changing seasons
- Redwood-panelled walls and ceiling
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Breathtaking mountain views
- Open throughout the day
- Serves light meals
- Double-height windows
- Soaring redwood ceilings
- Two wood-burning fireplaces
- Expansive terrace
- Panoramic views of Snake River Range and Spring Gulch
- Rugged sandstone columns
- Lofty wooden ceilings
- Window-side pairings of tables and chairs
- Mountain views
SPRING, SUMMER & AUTUMN
From herds of bison and elk to wolves and bears, the forests and mountains around Jackson Hole provide exceptional wildlife viewing. Amangani offers guided wildlife safaris into the surrounding national parks. Amangani is situated at the gateway to Grand Teton National Park and just an hour’s drive to Yellowstone.
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone is home to more geysers (including Old Faithful) than anywhere else on Earth. Black bears, grizzlies and grey wolves are particularly active in spring.
Hot Air Balloon Flights
Hot air balloon flights provide guests with extraordinary views over Jackson Hole and the mountains that ring this beautiful valley.
To ride through the mountains and forests on horseback is the archetypal American West experience.
Grand Teton National Park offers exceptional mountain biking trails winding through Bridger-Teton National Forest. Full-day excursions into Yellowstone are also available.
The Snake River and Green River are renowned for their brown and cutthroat trout.
Exploring the Rivers
Kayaking offers an idyllic way to watch wildlife on the riverbanks. White-water rafting is available on the Snake River south of Jackson.
In the colder months, snow reaches 4m (13.5ft) deep in the mountains and up to 1.5m (5ft) in the valleys, turning Jackson Hole into a winter wonderland. First snowfall is usually mid- to late November, and winter can stretch past early April.
Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is the largest ski area in Wyoming, delivering more than 1,000 hectares (2,471 acres) of high-thrill skiing and snowboarding terrain. Amangani’s Ski Lounge is situated in the Mountain Resort’s vibrant Teton Village at the base of the Bridger Gondola.
Snowcat Powder Skiing
For adventure skiers, snowcats take guests to the thigh-high powder at the summit of Peaked
Mountain, a 732m (2,400ft) vertical drop where skiers can expect to experience eight to ten runs a day.
Helicopters allow guests to explore the fresh powder around the Snake River, Hoback, Palisades and South Teton Mountain Ranges.
Guests can journey to an old trapper’s cabin in the Sawtooth Mountains by snowmobile, or visit Granite Hot Springs in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are an exhilarating way of tracking wildlife, while dogsledding and sleigh rides offer much fun while exploring the valley
Relaxation, Fitness & Recreation
Amangani’s wellness facilities offer an array of holistic programmes and restorative therapies for weary muscles – ideal for a destination encouraging outdoor activities year-round. Other facilities provide venues for socialising or peaceful relaxation.
- Four treatment rooms
- Two steam rooms
- Extensive spa menu of therapies and beauty treatments
- Chemical-free Aman skincare products
- Two redwood-lined exercise studios
- Open 24 hours a day
- Full range of cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Body shaping, FitBall training, yoga, Active Isolated Stretching and personal training programmes available
Swimming Pool & Whirlpool
- 35m2 (377ft2) outdoor infinity swimming pool
- Linked to a 10.5m2 (113ft2) whirlpool
- Both offer exceptional mountain and sunset views
- Heated to 27°C (80°F) in winter months
Weddings can be planned and curated upon request at Amangani by our dedicated Special Events Manager, we can plan and orchestrate gatherings from perhaps a small elopement for 2 up to weddings for as many as 120 guests. At certain times of the year Amangani can be reserved for a full exclusive wedding event “buyout” of the entire hotel.
Children of any age are welcome at Amangani. Amangani is very popular for multi-generational travel stays and is the perfect basecamp from which to explore the nearby National Parks.
Room rates are for room only, other meals are at an additional cost.
Recommended Price Range
Please inquire for the latest rates and specials.