The exquisite Polynesian atoll of Tetiaroa, located 30 miles north of Tahiti, has always been a place of stunning beauty, tranquility and rejuvenation — first for Tahitian royalty, who chose this island above all others for their summer retreat, and later for Marlon Brando who chose it for his personal sanctuary. The Brando opens as the first all-inclusive resort in French Polynesia.
From your villa’s gracious gardens and exquisite scenery to the timbered walls of your home away from home, you’ll always feel close to nature — without sacrificing comfort. The 22 villas along Turtle Beach and 13 villas along Mermaid Bay have been designed to reflect Polynesian lifestyle and traditions. Every villa is on a white sand beach, has its own outdoor eating and private beach area, its own private pool, soft, cozy furnishings, large windows that let you indulge in the sun, the breeze and lagoon views, and modern conveniences such as a media room. And while enjoying the villa you will have the satisfaction of knowing everything that surrounds you has been designed around clean, renewable energy sources.
Activities & Resort Facilities
At The Brando, you will find an abundance of activities from bicycling, snorkeling and bird watching to diving and kite surfing. Here, you are not just observing nature; you are in it. You can don a snorkeling mask and witness underwater life at a coral garden firsthand, encountering such marine life as sea turtles, manta rays, reef sharks and a dazzling array of fish. Or you can explore the spectacular lagoon or other motus by Polynesian outrigger canoe, kayak, or paddleboard. Or simply swim at Mermaid Bay or relax on the beach or by the pool.
You may spend all your time on the main island or explore any of the untouched private islands surrounding the lagoon. You can also visit the Cultural Lounge, where you can read books about French Polynesia and attend lectures and demonstrations about Polynesian culture, history, and lifestyle. And the on-site research scientists will also be delighted to talk about their research and the rare birds and marine life found on the atoll.
Varua Polynesian Spa is a natural haven of serenity nestled on the shores of a soothing pond in the heart of Motu Onetahi. This is the spot where the Tahitian royal family retreated to relax or indulge in rituals of beauty. Within this setting you can enjoy the finest holistic treatments inspired by ancient Polynesian traditions coupled with modern techniques. The spa includes steam baths, a tea and relaxation lounge, a yoga shelter and a spa suite for couples.
Children of any age are permitted at the resort at any time of the year.
A Remarkable Honeymoons Package will include VIP assistance through immigrations on arrival in addition to a fresh flower lei greeting, round trip resort transfers, your choice of accommodations and a farewell shell lei.
The Brando all-inclusive package includes the following:
• Your luxurious private beachfront villa
• All meals in all dining venues (some special items may be available for an additional charge)
• 24-hour dining service in the privacy of your villa
• An excursion per person each day from a list of options
• A 50-minute spa treatment each day for one person in each villa (additional treatments available for an additional charge)
• A bicycle for each guest that will be parked under the porch of your villa upon arrival
• Outrigger canoes, kayaks, paddleboards and snorkeling equipment
• Most beverages including bottled water, soft drinks, beer, wine, champagne, spirits (ultra-premium wines, champagne and spirits available for an additional charge)
• Laundry service (dry cleaning and delicate items for an additional charge)
Recommended Price Range
Contact Remarkable Honeymoons for The Brando’s current rates and specials!