Epitomising refined splendour and old-world luxury, the lodge allows guests a front-row seat to the prolific wildlife in the 350,000-acre private Singita Grumeti Reserve, ensuring an unparalleled African safari experience.
Singita Sasakwa Lodge is built in the style of a stately Edwardian manor house with ten private cottages, each with its own infinity pool. From the vantage point of Sasakwa Hill, panoramic views of the Serengeti plains merge with the horizon and provide a sense of immense space and freedom.
Set alongside Singita Sasakwa Lodge is our new Hillside Suite:
Arriving at Hillside Suite feels like escaping to your own edge of the world, where infinite views over the Serengeti plains are par for the course. Allowing guests to bask in the barefoot beauty of a private villa for two, it’s set away from the main lodge and invites authentic encounters with nature, while every wish is tended to intuitively. All features are aimed at the utmost exclusivity and intimacy.
The butler-serviced suite includes a private game vehicle and Field Guide. Its free-flowing indoor and outdoor areas are ideal for exclusive dining in the most enchanting settings, and wellness experiences enveloped by nature – from yoga to in-room spa treatments and soothing couple’s massages on the pool deck.
Singita Sasakwa has 10 cottages at the main lodge and one Hillside Suite in total, all with private plunge pools.
The spacious cottages offer expansive en-suite bathrooms, dressing areas, four-poster beds, fireplaces, living rooms and French doors opening onto welcoming verandas. Polished parquet floors, vintage collectables, Persian carpets and comfortable furnishings all add to Sasakwa’s unmistakable elegance, while contemporary interpretations of classic dishes underpin the culinary offerings in the grand dining room.
Hillside Suite at Singita Sasakwa Lodge is all about privacy and offers infinite views over the plains of the Serengeti. Set high on a secluded hillside away from the main lodge, this romantic hideaway for two ensures an authentic connection with nature, while every creature comfort is catered for. Featuring spacious interiors, two wooden outdoor decks, a private rimflow pool as well as a unique ‘bar-deli’ filled with delicacies, this is the ultimate retreat. Guests enjoy everything from private in-room dining to a private game vehicle, Field Guide and host/butler. The vast indoor and outdoor areas allow for wellness experiences enveloped by nature, including calming yoga practices to in-room spa treatments and soothing couples’ massages on the expansive decks.
The culinary experience at Singita’s lodges and camps is an integral part of any visit to these incredible wilderness areas. Each and every plate is an expression of the company’s commitment not only to creating an outstanding food offering that perfectly complements the exquisite surroundings in which guests find themselves, but to the importance of practising environmental sustainability at every level, including in the kitchens.
Activities & Resort Facilities
- Daily morning and afternoon game drives with your field guide. Afternoon drives conclude with an evening return revealing the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa.
- For the adventurous, there are walking safaris (for guests 16 and older).
- Stargazing, swimming and board games.
- Join in a community visit – it is the perfect way to experience Tanzanian culture and learn about the positive impact that tourism has made in the region.
The Singita wellness philosophy creates an environment for our urban-weary guests to reconnect to nature, revive their senses, restore their body and mind, and explore our African culture.
The spa journey can be performed in the tranquility of the Spa, which overlooks the beautiful Serengeti Plains , out on a private deck, or in the comfort of guest suites. The products used are carefully selected for the positive impact that they have on our guests and the environment. The Dermalogica products use only the finest ingredients available from eco-safe sources, do not test on animals and are suitable for both men and women.
Children of all ages are most welcome and we offer activities tailor-made for families. In the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities will be at the discretion of your guide.
Our tariffs include:
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne).
- 4X4 safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide.
- Laundry and valet services.
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the lodge.
- Telephone calls.
Our tariffs exclude:
- French Champagne.
- Air transfers to and from the lodge.
- Transport to and from Singita Grumeti. Please see our flights & access documentation.
- Any day trips or transfers from Singita Grumeti into the Serengeti National Park.
- Spa treatments.
- Certain special meal requests.
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Wildlife fee or park fee.
- Tourism Development Levy.
Recommended Price Range
Contact Remarkable Honeymoons for current rates and specials!