The intimate 1920s-style explorer’s camp is permeated by a sense of nostalgic adventure. Steeped in character, Singita Sabora Tented Camp surprises guests with an opulence that is delightfully out-of-place with the rugged terrain of the surrounding savannah plains.
The tents lead directly onto the plains where day beds are scattered to provide spots for afternoon naps and incredible game-viewing. It’s not unusual to see plains game roaming freely through the camp, and zebra rolling on the clay tennis court next to the spa. The epitome of tented luxury, this camp evokes the elegance and adventure of a bygone era.
Singita Sabora Tented Camp has nine en-suite tents lavishly furnished with a treasure trove of antiques and artefacts, original campaign furniture, Zanzibari chests, Persian rugs, and masses of crystal, silverware and brass.
Maasai blankets and traditional beadwork add an authentic local touch. The tents lead directly onto the plains where day beds are scattered to provide spots for afternoon naps and incredible game-viewing.
The culinary experience at Singita’s lodges and camps is an integral part of any visit to these incredible wilderness areas. Each and every plate is an expression of the company’s commitment not only to creating an outstanding food offering that perfectly complements the exquisite surroundings in which guests find themselves, but to the importance of practising environmental sustainability at every level, including in the kitchens.
Activities & Resort Facilities
Exciting activities include:
- Daily morning and afternoon game drives with your field guide. Afternoon drives conclude with a spot-lit evening return revealing the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa.
- For the adventurous, there are walking safaris (for guests 16 and older).
- Stargazing, swimming and board games.
- Join in a community visit – it is the perfect way to experience Tanzanian culture and learn about the positive impact that tourism has made in the region.
The Singita wellness philosophy creates an environment for our urban-weary guests to reconnect to nature, revive their senses, restore their body and mind, and explore our African culture.
The spa journey can be performed in the tranquility of the Spa therapy tent, which opens out onto the savannah plains, out on a private deck, or in the comfort of guest suites. The products used are carefully selected for the positive impact that they have on our guests and the environment. The Dermalogica products use only the finest ingredients available from eco-safe sources, do not test on animals and are suitable for both men and women.
Children aged 10 and over are welcome. All normal safari activities are tailor-made to suit each family. However in the interest of safety, the participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne).
- Land Rover safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide.
- Laundry and valet services.
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the camp.
- Telephone calls.
- French Champagne.
- Air transfers to and from the lodge.
- Transport to and from Singita Grumeti. Please see our flights & access documentation.
- Any day trips or transfers from Singita Grumeti into the Serengeti National Park.
- Spa treatments.
- Certain special meal requests.
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Wildlife fee or park fee.
- Tourism Development Levy.
Recommended Price Range
Contact Remarkable Honeymoons for current rates and specials!