Singita Ebony Lodge, located on the Sand River, is a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style. Inspired by the romance and adventure of tented camps, explorers’ abodes and campaign furniture, Ebony’s interiors are enhanced by the lustre of well-polished ebony and mahogany woods and natural fibers in cool tones. All this is brought to life by the rich, golden glow of old brass, hand-woven baskets, traditional khaki and beige tent canvas and exposed thatch. The lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool and internal. External walls have been almost completely removed and replaced by canvas and glass to create new safari tent-style suites to maximize views and space, and allow guests to be immersed in nature. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended off the river banks as if hanging in the trees.
Singita Ebony Lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool. Interiors feature curated still-life collections of antiques and artefacts, as well as vintage campaign furniture from the Bailes’ family collection. The entire front wall of each suite between the bedroom and the veranda is made of glass allowing light to flood in. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended above the river banks as if hanging from the trees. A beautiful marble and cast iron table is the furniture centrepiece for this concept – it is a traveller’s desk with smart tools, a private dining room table for entertaining or a bar to enjoy an evening gin & tonic in one.
Featuring some of Africa’s most magnificent wildlife, Singita Ebony Lodge in Sabi Sand is the ideal setting for family vacations in the bush. Here, shared encounters within nature, tailor-made activities, the utmost privacy and personalized dining allow loved ones to truly connect, while creating memories to last a lifetime.
Family mealtimes are cherished and the option to share sumptuous platters ensures relaxed feasts. The lodge’s menus are completely adaptable for children, with requests for homemade burgers, helping to roll out dough or baking their own pizzas being par for the course!
There are also mini tasting menus for little ones; and elegant multi-course dinners for their parents, which are perfectly paired with exquisite wines from Singita’s renowned cellar.
Activities & Resort Facilities
Exciting activities include:
- Daily game drives with professional guides and trackers provide the perfect opportunity to get close to Africa’s incredible animals.
- Afternoon drives conclude with a spot-lit evening return to reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal wildlife.
- For the adventurous, there are walking safaris (for guests 16 and older).
- Enjoy swimming, board games, stargazing with telescopes.Amazing and memorable excursion experiences are on offer all year round. In addition to dolphin watching, diving choices are virtually endless with frequent sightings of reef sharks, manta rays, turtles and abundant colorful fish. Surfing classes are offered for beginners and the famous Yin Yang surf break is only a few minutes away for the more experienced surfers. Excursions include island-hopping, sandbank barbecues, private picnics on a deserted island and visiting the nearby island, Hithadhoo.
The Singita wellness philosophy creates an environment for our urban-weary guests to reconnect to nature, revive their senses, restore their body and mind, and explore our African culture.
The guests’ spa journey can be performed in the tranquility of the Spa, out on a private deck, or in the comfort of guest suites.
The products used are carefully selected for the positive impact that they have on our guests and the environment.Nestled into the beachfront’s pristine vegetation, the Six Senses Spa offers four uniquely designed couple treatment nests, three secluded couple treatment champas, plus a champa for ayurveda and one for Thai massage. Awaken the senses with locally inspired and Ayurvedic treatments, massages, yoga and fitness classes or workshops. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use a synergy of natural products to provide a comprehensive range of signature treatments plus rejuvenation and wellness specialties of the region. Memorable and unique Maldivian features are the Kurumbaa Kaashi Coconut Oil Massage, the Laamu Mineral Poultice Scrub and the Laamu Bliss Wrap. Visiting practitioners offer lifestyle consultations and specialized holistic treatments.
Weddings at Singita Ebony Lodge are tailormade.
Singita Ebony Lodge welcomes guests of all ages, however, groups with children under age 10 are required to book a family suite. In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities will be at the discretion of your guide.
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne).
- Land Rover safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide.
- Laundry services.
- Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip.
Additional amenities included for bookings at the Villa.
For your private and exclusive use:
- A large communal lounge and deck area with swimming pool.
- A boma.
- A secluded turning circle with direct access to the Villa.
- A vehicle with your own guide, host, chef and banakeli (meals can also be taken in the main lodge if guests prefer).
- Telephone calls.
- Air transfers to and from the lodge.
- Spa treatments.
- Certain special meal requests.
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Transport to and from the reserve.
- Tourism Levy and Conservation Contribution.
Recommended Price Range
Contact Remarkable Honeymoons for current rates and specials!