Reminiscent of an African farmhouse, Singita Castleton presents relaxed and understated interiors imbued with nostalgic references that capture the spirit and history of the original camp. An intimate lodge designed for private use with its own staff, guide and tracker, relaxed living spaces leading to deep verandas provide accommodation in six individual cottages.
Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse.
Singita Castleton’s six guest cottages are located a short distance from the main house. Two of the cottages have an inter-leading door which makes them perfect for families with young children.
The country style kitchen is the heart of the home and guests are encouraged to participate in informal cooking or baking sessions.
Activities & Resort Facilities
Exciting activities include:
- Daily game drives with your private guide and tracker provide the perfect opportunity to get close to Africa’s incredible animals.
- Afternoon drives conclude with a spot-lit evening return to reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal wildlife.
- For the adventurous, there are walking safaris (for guests 16 and older).
- Enjoy swimming, board games, stargazing with telescopes.
- The country style kitchen is the heart of the home and guests are encouraged to participate in informal cooking or baking sessions.
The Singita wellness philosophy creates an environment for our urban-weary guests to reconnect to nature, revive their senses, restore their body and mind, and explore our African culture.
Singita Castleton has a beautiful spa treatment room where guests may experience the renowned holistic and healing approach to treatments, giving them the individual attention they deserve.
Children of all ages are welcome. We offer a babysitting service (to be booked in advance) as well as tailor-made activities to suit each family. In the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities will be at the discretion of your guide.
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne).
- Land Rover safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide.
- Private Land Rover, guide, host, chef and staff.
- Laundry and valet services.
- Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip.
- Telephone calls.
- Air transfers to and from the lodge.
- Spa treatments.
- Certain special meal requests.
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Tourism Levy.
Recommended Price Range
Contact Remarkable Honeymoons for current rates and specials!