Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Our privacy practices may vary in the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use The Information We Obtain
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Data Transfers
- Your Rights and Choices
- Notice to California Residents
- Links To Other Websites
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- How To Contact Us
Information We Obtain
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- online password and other log-in details;
- payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code);
- booking information;
- information about travel plans, interests, preferences and agency and advisor affiliation;
- demographic information we acquire from third parties; and
- other personal information in content you provide to us on our websites, such as in comments to our blog posts and feedback.
You are not required to provide this information, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to offer you certain of our services and features of our website.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or similar technologies on your device.
A cookie is a data file that a website sends to your browser, which then stores the cookie on the device that you are using to browse the website. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a better customer experience. The website can tailor its content to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Google Analytics (to generate traffic reports)
- Facebook (to track interest in our social media ads)
- AddtoAny (to track interest in our content)
Some or all of these cookies are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
You can manage your cookies preferences for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
How We Use The Consumer Information We Obtain
We may use the consumer information we obtain to:
- Create and manage your profile and account;
- offer and provide products and services to you, such as hotel bookings and marketing materials;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, contests, promotions and other offers;
- communicate with you on behalf of our Member Agencies and preferred suppliers;
- display content on our websites;
- respond to and communicate with you about your inquiries and requests, and provide information you request;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
As required by applicable law, we use the personal information we obtain to comply with applicable legal requirements, carry out our contractual obligations and, as permitted by law, pursue our legitimate interests as described above (such as managing our website, performing data analyses, and operating, evaluating and improving our business). Otherwise, we obtain consent to process personal information. We may combine information we obtain about you (such as through our website or from third parties) for the purposes described above. We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and (ii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users.
We also use third party web analytics services on the websites, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the websites. When you first visit our website, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these website analytics technologies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (iii) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact Remarkable Honeymoons as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Links To Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Retention of Personal Information
How To Contact Us
61149 S. Highway 97, #305
Bend, Oregon 97702
For residents of the EEA, Remarkable Honeymoons is responsible for the processing of your personal information. Residents of the EEA may contact us as indicated above.